Robert Schuman, the man who built bridges between European nations that were once enemies, was born in Luxembourg. That is why I am somewhat proud of my position as President of the Christian Democratic Robert Schuman Foundation.
I was lucky enough to be able to influence the process of European unification thanks to the very varied positions I have held - Luxembourg Prime Minister and Minister, President of the European Commission, member of the Luxembourg Parliament and the European Parliament, and Chairman of the European People's Party.
I draw upon that experience today, as President of the Robert Schuman Foundation. I can contribute to ensuring that the Christian Democratic political idea is not distorted or watered down. It has proved its worth since the days of Robert Schuman, Konrad Adenauer, Alcide de Gasperi, Joseph Bech and others. We must all endeavour today and in the future to play a visible and perceptible part in drawing up the roadmap of an enlarged Europe.
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the website of Robert Schuman Foundation where you can find the information about the history, activities and visions of our Foundation:
- The section About Us will provide you with the history of the Robert Schuman Foundation and the information about Robert Schuman.
- Contacts of the Board and Secretariat of Robert Schuman Foundation are in the section Who's Who.
- In the section Publications you will find the list and information about the availability of books, published by our Foundation.
- Information about the projects, application forms and rules are available in the section Projects.
- In the section Stagiaireship you will find the description of the stagiaireship programme of Robert Schuman Foundation, the application criteria and the reviews from the former participants of this programme.
- The section Links will provide you with an easy access to the websites of main European Institutions, EPP-ED Group in European Parliament, EPP Party and other right wing and Christian Democratic foundations in Europe.
I hope that you will find this website useful. You are most welcome to send your comments to
President of Robert Schuman Foundation